Life Strengthening Services
While many people may be aware of our residential program, some may not be aware that we also offer an outreach program to residents in Hancock County.
Our outreach program and efforts are expanding as our organization continues to grow.
We plan to offer more life-skills classes in the future so please check our website periodically for updates.
Residents of Hancock County may call or email FFCC staff (contact information on this website) and will receive a response within 24 hours. We do not have regular business hours. People are welcome to meet with us but it is best to make an appointment.
Some of the outreach activities that FFCC provides to Hancock County residents are:
- Staying up to date on resources that other organizations have to offer and referring people to other organizations depending on their needs
- Staying up to date on the nearest warming centers
- Providing tangible items for families in need or families moving into housing
- Referring people in need to our Housing and Outreach Facilitator for assistance with housing applications and Section 8 Applications
- Offering on-site programs to the public free of charge that include but are not limited to:
- Parenting classes
- Group work (navigating difficult situations, communication skills, etc.)
- Employability skills and training
- Financial literacy
- Goal Setting
- Tai Chi
- Cooking classes (Cooking Matters with Healthy Acadia)